This game courtesy of Mark Schroder, youth minister at Campbelltown Anglican.
This game is based on the same game that has overtaken your news feed on Facebook!
The idea: Try and guess the word that is being represented by 4 cryptic pictures. This activity is a great one for learning about Bible characters, Bible stories and each other.
Create 3 rounds for the game. For example:
Round one: Bible Character
Round Two: Bible Story or thing:
Round Three: Youth Group Character ie. leader or member.
How to play:
- Display pictures and the blanked out word on the screen
- Allow groups to think about the answer and write it down
- After a few minutes move on to next round.
- After all pictures have been displayed provide everyone with the answers
- Finally, choose one of the categories and give a few details or extra facts about it. If its a youth group leader or member interview them and pray for them in your small groups/pairs.
If the pictures are too cryptic, you can make a round easier by providing one or two bonus letters as clues.
Below are 2 examples provided in pptx files with the following answers for each respective one:
a) Callum- (he’s a youth group leader at Campbelltown Anglican Youth)
c) The Prodigal Son
a) Nick Bull- (he’s a youth group leader at Campbelltown Anglican Youth)
c) Tower of Babel